Providing safe homes
We know how important your home is to you. At Active Prospects, you can choose how you live, and who you live with, depending on your individual needs and preferences.
- If you need a lot of support, you might live as part of a group in a house owned and run by Active Prospects. This is called residential services.
- You might live with a group of people, with help from Active Prospects where and when you need it. This is called shared supported living services.
- You may wish to live on your own, with more choice and control in your life, but with visiting help from us according to your needs. This is called supported living.
- If you have a landlord, who owns the house you live in, they will look after it and make sure it’s in good condition. Whether your landlord is us, or someone else, you should be given a tenancy agreement. This is a very important document: it tells you what your rights and responsibilities are, so you should read and look after it carefully.
Massetts Road – Supported Living
Croydon Road – Supported Living
Three Bridges – Supported Living
Copthorne Road – Supported Living
Doods Road – Supported Living
Great Meadows – Supported Living
Great Meadows is situated in Earlswood in Redhill within 5 minutes’ walk from Earlswood train station and public transport links. It’s a supported living service providing bespoke 24/7 and specialist care to 6 Adults with a learning disability, autism spectrum disorder or mental health needs. The service can also provide additional support around the criminal justice system, addiction, relationships, and other multi-disciplinary partnership working. We know that some people may be coming out of long-term hospital settings and will need a personalised approach to ensure moving into their new home is a success and they are well prepared for their new independence.
Our housing services team offers:
- Housing advice
- Property repairs and maintenance
- Installing personal aid equipment and making property adaptations
- Managing tenancies and relationships with neighbours
- Supporting your claims for housing benefit
- Helping with benefits advice to pay for your accommodation and living costs, including any costs you need to pay yourself
- Managing Active Prospect’s properties in the Southeast
- Managing properties for other landlords and property owners
- Helping you move to another home if you wish
You can contact our Housing and Maintenance team by calling 01737 924238 / 924236 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finding a home
If you want to move to a new house, we’ll do all that we can to help. Before you sign any contracts for your next home, make sure you get advice from your Support Worker, or contact a member of the Housing Team.
You can apply to your local Council’s housing register, and ask them about your options, both in the local area and further afield.
Ending your Active Prospects tenancy
If you’re an Active Prospects’ tenant, you can end your Tenancy at any time, but you’ll need to give us appropriate notice in accordance with your tenancy or licence. Should you wish to give notice, please send a letter or an email to the Housing Manager at: Housing Manager, Active Prospects, 1 Castlefield Court, Church Street, Reigate, Surrey RH2 0AH. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
Read our guides
Tell us what you think!
Active Prospects believes you have the right to be heard. We will listen to your views and opinions about and make sure they are used to enhance and improve services.