Volunteer With Us
Volunteering with Active Prospects is good for you and others!
Active Prospects supports over 300 people across East Surrey to live independent and aspiring lives. Thanks to the passion and commitment of our volunteers we are able to deliver high quality services that encourage and enable the people we support to live fulfilling and rewarding lives.
Volunteering with us enables you to do fantastic work. It can be incredibly rewarding on a personal level and also brings practical benefits. Volunteering with Active Prospects is a brilliant way to:
- Learn new skills
- Enhance your CV, university application and job prospects
- Work alongside our professionals in their field
- Make new friends
- Work towards your qualification
You need to be able to offer at least two hours a fortnight or half a day a month, and commit for at least three months. There is a range of ways for volunteers to get involved:
- Working in our Charity Shop sorting clothes and serving customers
- Helping supported volunteers (people with learning disabilities) within the Charity Shop to gain skills for employment
Care Buddy (Residential Care Homes) – view one-page profile for this role
- Spending time in our care homes, getting to know the people we support and spending time engaging in activities
- Accompanying people we support when they go out shopping, for a walk or to take part in activities
Support Buddy (Supported Living) – view one-page profile for this role
- Supporting people with housework or cooking
- Supporting people to attend appointments or do paperwork
- Supporting people to attend college, training or have a job
- Working one-to-one with people we support whilst they attend activity sessions (arts and crafts, cooking, IT)
- Helping us run an allotment or small animal project providing therapeutic activities
Head Office – view one-page profile for this role
We also have opportunities for Corporate Volunteer Teams.
To talk to us about volunteering at Active Prospects email firstname.lastname@example.org, or ring her on 01737 924231. Alternatively complete our Volunteer Application Form (Editable PDF) and email it to email@example.com and someone will be in touch with you.