Job Title: Support Worker – Caterham
Salary: Up to £18,459 per annum (based on 40 hours per week - additional hours and part time roles are also available)
Closing Date: 30/06/2019
Our Support Workers love to make a difference. Why not come and join us?
Active Prospects enables people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives.
Due to our success in achieving the above, we are looking for like-minded people to come and join us in making a positive impact in the lives of others. We are specifically looking for Support Workers in Caterham, Surrey.
As a Support Worker you will…
Play a pivotal part in helping the people we support to live better lives. To do this you will…
- Ask questions, listen and understand what the people you support want to achieve.
- Work with them to think up ideas to achieve their aspirations.
- Enable the people we support to make their aspirations become a reality.
- Offer support and encouragement to try new things.
- Think up creative and fun days out/activities for the people you support to be included in.
The people we support have an array of interests from shopping, bowling, walking, going to farms/zoos, Etc. There is no opportunity to be bored in this career!
- We enable people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives.
- We provide the people we support the choice, freedom and control over their lives.
- Our residential, supported living and community services are delivered across Surrey.
- Every one of our services is rated ‘Good’ by CQC… We are extremely proud of this!
- We actively help the people we support to integrate into their communities.
- We truly value the chance to make an impact in the lives of the people we support.
- The people the support are at the forefront of what we do. Don’t believe it? Check out the award-winning Pro-Active Committee and their work on our website!
To be great at this job you will…
- Share our core values – Aspiring, Caring, Trusting, Including, Valuing, Enabling.
- Enjoy coming up with creative, fun-filled ideas for days out/activities.
- Have a passion for helping others.
- Take great reward from contributing to those in need living better lives.
- Above all else, be a great listener!
- Many of our services have a vehicle assigned to them. It is expected that those who can drive are be able to drive them when necessary.
- Full-time, part-time and bank applications welcome.
- No experience necessary.
- Full training and on-going support provided.
- You are not required to wear a uniform.
- Various locations available across Surrey: Horley, Charlwood, Redhill, Reigate, Caterham, Banstead, Epsom, Ewell, Etc.
If the above seems like you then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email email@example.com with your name, a contact number and a short explanation of why you are interested in opportunities with Active Prospects. Alternatively, you can contact Recruitment on 01737 924102.
Not sure if a career in care is right for you? Check out these short videos to help you decide.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and keep up to date with our latest news and opportunities!