Job Title: Support Worker (Active Wellbeing Mental Health – Acquired Brain Injury)
Salary: £18,842 p.a.* including Sleep-in allowance
Closing Date: 29/06/2017
Make a positive difference every day!
- Do you care about people?
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Do you like spending time with people – at home or out and about?
To apply send us your CV or apply via our website. Alternatively phone Laura Daniels for further information (01293 812037) or drop in to our Head Office.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Support people with recovery and re-enablement to encourage individuals to reach their full potential.
- Actively promote recovery and well being programmes.
- Deliver person-centred care and support and assist people in all aspects of day-to-day-life. You may also be required to deliver personal care and administer medication.
- You will also get involved in community and social/leisure activities with the people your support, such as attending clubs/societies and trips to the cinema or further afield – all focusing on supporting the people we support to live as independently as possible.
Our Support Workers tell us that they love their work:
“Making a difference to people’s lives is the most rewarding job. If you are a positive, caring and giving person, I would definitely recommend this career” Charlotte Hazell, Assistant Service Manager
“Working with Active Prospects as a Support Worker within Learning Disabilities is such a rewarding job role. It is a great experience to learn and understand people’s needs. I have also been able to get to know more about the specific disability they have, enabling me to support them in a much more efficient way” Alice Hunt, Apprentice Support Worker
- We pay well – £8.26 per hour plus Sleep-in allowance, and we offer great opportunities for additional hours.
- We offer lots of other benefits – for example, generous holiday pay, pension scheme and sickness benefits, and if you drive your own vehicle for work we pay you 40 pence per mile.
- We offer a range of hours to suit you – full time (up to 40 hours per week) or part time hours, days, evenings and weekends.
- We are local to you – with 8 residential services, Supported Living and a short breaks and transition services for young adults all in east and mid Surrey, we will be within an hours journey of your home.
- We invest in you – we will help you gain the Care Certificate when you start and offer you the chance to gain other Health and Social Care related qualifications, as well as English and maths if you haven’t got level 2.
- We support you – with shadowing and a buddy as part of your comprehensive induction programme and we offer great opportunities for further training, as well ongoing coaching and development from your manager and colleagues.
- We offer great career and personal development opportunities, and the chance to be involved – through our Staff Forum and a range of other regular forums.
- We recognise the great work you do – be our Employee of the Month or get a Thank You card. Receive an award at our annual staff and people we support celebration.
More about us – Established more than 20 years ago, Active Prospects is the third largest provider in the Surrey area. Our dedicated staff based in our residential homes work as part of a small team with vulnerable adults with learning disabilities, often with complex needs. We are passionate about providing person-centred care and active support to enable the people we support to live independent and aspiring lives. Are you?
Join us now –If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link below, or send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you want the position to email@example.com. Alternatively phone Laura Daniels for further information (01293 812037) or drop in to our Head Office.