Job Title: Support Worker – The Pines
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Salary: £9.44 per hour
Closing Date: 31/10/2020
Are you patient, caring, willing to make a difference, proactive, compassionate, trustworthy, reliable with strong communications skills?
If this sounds like you, you would make a great Support Worker at The Pines; one of our residential services in Redhill.
Across all of our services, we enable people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives.
Due to our success in achieving the above, we are looking for like-minded people to come and join us in making a positive impact in the lives of others.
As a Support Worker at The Pines, you will…
Play a pivotal part in helping the people we support to live better lives. To do this you will…
- Ask questions, listen and understand what the people we support want to achieve;
- Actively be involved in activities with the people we support;
- Help the people we support reach their goals;
- Offer support and encouragement to try new things;
- Use your imagination to think up creative and fun days out/activities.
The people we support at The Pines love to go swimming, go on cinema trips and go to the theatre. They are also involved in our Friendship Group and Allotment sessions.
There is no opportunity to be bored in this career!
About The Pines…
- The Pines supports people who are non-verbal, and physically dependent on our excellent Support Workers. Delivering personal care is required;
- You’ll be encouraged to grow and develop. The Manager here loves to give her staff areas of responsibility and she will support you every step of the way;
- The Pines supports wheelchair users so you will be given the correct moving and handling training. You’ll also need to be fit enough to support pushing wheelchair users on days out;
- You must have patience – It can take a while to gain the trust of the people we support at The Pines.
- We enable people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives;
- We provide the people we support the choice, freedom and control over their lives;
- Every one of our services is rated at least ‘Good’ by CQC… We are extremely proud of this!
- We actively help the people we support to integrate into their communities;
- We truly value the chance to make an impact in the lives of the people we support;
- The people the support are at the forefront of what we do. Don’t believe it? Check out the award-winning Pro-Active Community and their work on our website!
- Surrey Care Associations’ Care Provider of the Year;
- National Learning Disabilities & Autism Awards Winner – Peoples Award Winner!
To be great at this job you will…
- Share the qualities listed at the top of this advert;
- Be open to learning from the wealth of knowledge our internal trainer has to offer;
- Support our people in the community and using public transport;
- Enjoy coming up with creative, fun-filled ideas for days out/activities;
- Have a passion for helping others;
- Understand that the job of a Support Worker can be tiring, but also extremely rewarding;
- Above all else, be a great listener!
- Full-time, part-time and bank applications welcome;
- No experience necessary;
- Full training and on-going support provided;
- You are not required to wear a uniform;
As an employee of Active Prospects, you will receive benefits such as annual leave, EdenRed Rewards package (vouchers and discounts for shopping, holidays and gym memberships) as well as Staff Awards and Award Ceremonies within the organisation.
If the above seems like you then we want to hear from you!
If you wish to be considered for this position, send your CV in and a member of the recruitment team will be in contact. Alternatively, contact Recruitment on 01737 924102 for further information.
Please Note: Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) and references.