Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £18,086 per annum (based on 37.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: 31/05/2020
Our Support Workers love to make a difference. Why not come and join us?
Active Prospects enables people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives.
Due to our success in achieving the above, we are looking for like-minded people to come and join us in making a positive impact in the lives of others. We are specifically looking for Support Workers in Reigate, Surrey.
As a Support Worker you will…
Provide support to the people we valued support at our residential service on Blanford Road. The 6 people we support here have a mix of learning and physical disabilities therefore, you will be required to deliver personal care as part of your duties. You will of course have all the necessary training to assist you with this.
The people we support benefit from large garden space and patio area in this service which, has hosted numerous BBQ’s over the past few years. We are passionate about increasing the social interactions of the people we support, and these kinds of events allow us to make that happen. You will work with an experienced, and stable, staff team to deliver exceptional support and provide even more opportunities to try new things. Ultimately, as a Support Worker for Active Prospects, you will buy-in to our mission to enable the people we support to achieve their goals and gain as much independence as possible.
- We enable people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives.
- We provide the people we support the choice, freedom and control over their lives.
- Our residential, supported living and community services are delivered across Surrey (soon to include West Sussex!).
- Every one of our services is rated ‘Good’ by CQC… We are extremely proud of this!
- We actively help the people we support to integrate into their communities.
- We truly value the chance to make an impact in the lives of the people we support.
- The people we support are at the forefront of what we do. Don’t believe it? Check out the award-winning Pro-Active Community and their work on our website!
To be great at this job you will…
- Share our core values – Aspiring, Caring, Trusting, Including, Valuing, Enabling.
- Enjoy coming up with creative, fun-filled ideas for days out/activities.
- Have a passion for helping others.
- Take great reward from contributing to those in need living better lives.
- Above all else, be a great listener!
- All employees have access to our benefits program which includes discounts at many high street retailers, supermarkets, gyms, restaurants, holiday clubs and many many more!
- You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program. Ensuring the positive wellbeing of our staff is key to delivering great support to the people we support.
- Many of our services have a vehicle assigned to them. It is expected that those who can drive are be able to drive them when necessary.
- Full-time, part-time and bank applications welcome.
- No experience necessary.
- Full training and on-going support provided.
- No uniform.
If the above seems like you then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email email@example.com with your name, a contact number and a short explanation of why you are interested in opportunities with Active Prospects. Alternatively, you can contact Recruitment on 01737 924102.
Not sure if a career in care is right for you? Check out these short videos to help you decide.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and keep up to date with our latest news and opportunities!