Job Title: SEND Employability Coach
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Salary: £10.23 per hour
Closing Date: 26/07/2020
SEND Employability Coach
3 days per week – 10am till 3pm
£10.23 per hour
Do you enjoy working with and supporting young people and thrive on seeing their progression? Are you a naturally resilient and empathetic person? Are you committed and passionate about enabling others to succeed? This position could be exactly what you’ve been looking for!
Active Prospects is an award winning care provider in Surrey.
In September it will be launching an innovative skills training programme for local young people with learning disabilities and / or Autism. The programme aim is to support young people with special educational needs (SEND) to develop skills and experience for employment.
This is an exciting time for Active Prospects and an exciting time for the young people that successful applicants will support. If you feel you can add to what we feel is already an incredible team, then please apply.
For the role you must have:
- Experience and confidence working with pupils with special educational needs such as dyslexia, autism and emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- A natural approach to teaching and a supportive and encouraging coaching style
- Experience in maintaining high expectations in regard to attainment and personal development of young people.
- An awareness and understanding of vocational profiling
- A varied range of work experience and a willingness to share your story with the young people you will be supporting
- And finally, a great sense of humour.
For the role you must be:
- Confident working with young people on a 1:1 or small group basis ensuring targets and outcomes are achieved.
- Confident in your ability to develop strong, trusting and effective working relationships with the young people you support
- Confident in your ability to develop effective working relationships with people involved in the young person’s life such as parents, carers, case workers, other agencies
- Develop support plans tailored to individual preferences and needs
- Confident in supporting young adults who experience learning and behavioural difficulties to work through and overcome challenges
- Assured in your ability to assist young people with learning and behavioural differences to engage in and complete daily tasks and activities.
- Confident working within a classroom setting with 6-10 pupils
- Prepared to deliver educational activities and support using video conferencing platforms such as Zoom and Google Classroom
- Willing to participate in and feedback EHCP and annual reviews when required
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- An enhanced DBS disclosure on the update service (we will obtain a new DBS should you not have one on the update service)
- A full UK Driving License and access to a car due to the location of the programme
- A passion for working in special education
Apply now with your CV and a short explanation of why you are interested in this opportunity with Active Prospects.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and keep up to date with our latest news and opportunities!