Job Title: Assistant Service Manager – Redhill
Salary: £21,225 per annum (based on 37.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: 16/06/2019
Are you an experienced Support/Care Worker looking for your next career step? Or are you a Care Coordinator already and looking for a new challenge?
We’re looking for someone who is motivated, ambitious and can handle the pressure when things get challenging or there are a number of deadline to meet for audits or reports. You will be a planner and work in an organised and structure fashion to support the Service Manager.
As an Assistant Service Manager you will…
Play a pivotal part in ensuring you and your team can help the people we support live better lives. With the support of the Service Manager, you will…
- Lead a dedicated supportive team.
- Ensure the care and support provided to people we support is person-centred.
- Make sure support plans are co-developed and reflect the hopes and aspirations of people we support.
- Coach the staff working in your service so they understand how to provide high quality, person-centred, active care and support.
- Enable the potential of people we support so that they live as independently as possible.
- Manage day to day operations in the absence of the Service Manager.
- We enable people with learning disabilities and mental or physical health needs to live full and aspiring lives.
- We provide the people we support the choice, freedom and control over their lives.
- Our residential, supported living and community services are delivered across Surrey.
- Every one of our services is rated ‘Good’ by CQC. We are extremely proud of this!
- We actively help the people we support to integrate into their communities.
- We truly value the chance to make an impact in the lives of the people we support.
- The people the support are at the forefront of what we do. Don’t believe me? Check out the award-winning Pro-Active Committee and their work on our website!
To be a great Assistant Service Manager you will…
Be experienced managing care services within a community setting, including a team of staff. You will also…
- Have be able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of supporting people with behaviours of concern.
- Have experience of supporting or assisting people with learning disabilities or mental health issues.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and quality frameworks, including the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and CQC.
- Possess a Care Certificate (Level 2) or relevant professional qualification.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to undertake shifts and work flexible hours.
- Be IT literate.
- Hold a full Driving Licence.
- Full training and on-going support provided.
- Opportunities to attend Leadership courses.
- You are not required to wear a uniform.
- Drivers are desirable, but not essential.
Interested? Apply now with your name, contact number and a short explanation of why you are interested in opportunities with Active Prospects.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and keep up to date with our latest news and opportunities!
Closing date for applications is Sunday 16th June 2019. Please note we will be reviewing CV’s as we receive them, we may interview earlier and may also consider CV’s after the closing date.
We may also close this job early if we find an outstanding applicant.